Sunday, March 8, 2009

Benjamin MFk'n Franklin

So Daylight savings time crept up on me today like a bum in an alley. Apparently, you have to get up an hour earlier for work. Guess I didn't get the memo. Daylight savings time, the actual switch not the day, is one of my favorite concepts ever. Not only does it screw with your head, and all the watches and clocks in the house, but it also lends time for a longer work day. The one benefit that I found is that it helps give someone one more hour a day to fish. Now to some of you this might be trivial, but the pursuit of more time to fish, is an amiable one to me. Every year we hear talk about ending this time saving concept, and every year because of people like me, we do not. Now the idea of allowing a longer work day, within this horrible economic recession seems almost counterproductive. I would like to argue the fact that this recession is a great thing. Not only does it allow for less endeavors that require money, but also lends a helping hand to require more time given for local activities. These activities might actually give those who are not socially inclined more time to spend with friends, family, and new relationships. As this recession draws on, and the time of day, theoretically is increased, it also increases the amount of time for drinking. Now I don't drink a lot, but for those who find solace in the bottom of an alcoholic beverage, this might seem to be a benefit. The problem is the poor become poorer without a savior and the sun stays in the sky longer, taunting them. For those who. deal or whom have dealt with depression this may be a good thing depending on which USGA zone you are in. For those in the northwest this may lead to more foggy windows as you watch the rain fall. For me, I enjoy more sun, more fishing, and more time with friends. In my honest opinion daylight savings time, Created by the blogs title, is one of the more beneficial time practices we have. For those who don't like it, well quite frankly you can suck it. I'm out

No comments:

Post a Comment